Call for Paper
2021 IEEE International Conference on Virtual Reality and Visualization (ICVRV) will be held in Nanchang, China, from October 17-20, 2021. ICVRV 2021 seeks original, high-quality papers in all areas related to Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), Mixed Reality (MR) and visualization. We invite submissions of new ideas, and encourage all forms of research creativity and originality. We are interested in theoretical and technological innovations, novel applications, practice and experience analyses, and we hope to establish standards in this field and stimulate future trends.
We seek contributions including, but not limited to, the following topics:
Systems, including techniques, performance, and implementation
· VR/AR/MR Input Devices
· Multimodal input and output
· Human-Computer Interaction
· 2D/3D and volumetric display and projection technology
· Tracking and Sensing
· Computer graphics techniques
· Distributed VR/AR/MR
· Toolkits and Applications
· Multimodal capturing and reconstruction
· Audio interfaces, sound rendering, spatialized audio, auditory
· Haptic and tactile interfaces, wearable haptics, passive haptics, pseudo haptics, other touch-based UI
· Non-visual interfaces (such as olfactory)
Content creation and modelling
· Modeling, Simulation and Animation
· Crowd simulation
· Immersive / 360° video
· Immersive analytics
· Scene description and management issues
· Multisensory rendering, registration, and synchronization
Cognitive aspects, perception, user behaviour
· Virtual Humans and Embodiment
· Perception, Presence and Cognition
· Sensing, Representation
· Multimodal/cross-modal interaction and perception
· Human factors and ergonomics
· perception and psychoacoustics
· Education using VR/AR/MR, big data, intelligent computing or data mining, etc.
· Education research, methods and materials for VR/AR/MR
Interactions / interactive and responsive environments
· 3D user interaction
· 3DUI metaphors
· Non-fatiguing 3DUIs
Applications and use cases
· Training, teaching, entertainment，medical and other applications
· Locomotion and navigation
Visualization, Signal and Image Processing
· COVID-19 and Imaging
· Signal/Multimedia Signal Processing
· Internet technology
· Image & Video Analysis and Segmentation
· Image & Video Perception and Quality Models
· Filtering and Multiresolution Processing
· Detection, Recognition, and Classification
· Restoration and Enhancement
· Image & Video Labeling and Retrieval
· Interpolation, Super-resolution, and Mosaicing
· Biometrics, Forensics, and Security
· Compression, Coding, and Transmission
· Image & Video Systems and Applications
· Color, Multispectral, and Hyperspectral Imaging
· Document Analysis and Processing
· Deep Learning for Images and Video
· Biometrics, Forensics, and Security
· Image Processing for Geophysics
· Image Processing for Public Health and Safety
· Biomedical and Biological Image Processing
· Emerging Applications and Systems
Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
· Action and behavior recognition
· Adversarial learning, adversarial attack and defense methods
· Biometrics, face, gesture, body pose
· Low-level and physics-based vision
· Machine learning
· Neural generative models, auto encoders, GANs
· Vision + language, vision + other modalities
· Vision applications and systems, vision for robotics and autonomous vehicles
· Visual reasoning and logical representation
All accepted ICVRV papers will appear in the proceedings of ICVRV 2021 and will be submitted for inclusion to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (EI) databases. Selected papers will be recommended to renown journals including Computer Animation & Virtual Worlds (CAVW), Virtual Reality & Intelligent Hardware (VRIH) and others.
|Paper due||Author Notification||Camera-ready Paper Upload||Registration Start||Conference Dates|
|July 11, 2021||August 10, 2021||August 31, 2021||August 1, 2021||October 17-20, 2021|
A paper identical or substantially similar in content (in its entirety or in part) to one submitted to ICVRV MUST NOT be simultaneously under consideration for another conference or journal during any part of the ICVRV review process, from the submission deadline until notifications of decisions are emailed to authors.
Submissions for ICVRV 2021 MUST be in English, and MUST be prepared in ICVRV Review Formatin PDF format. Down word template and latex template. Please note that all camera-ready submissions must be prepared using Latex template. Electronic Submissions for ICVRV 2021 is mandatory and MUST be conducted using the Online Submission System.
Papers must be at least 4 pages and no longer than 6 pages, including all text, figures, and references. Note that there is no distinct short papers or technotes category. The contribution of the paper will be weighed during review. Reviewers might rank submissions perceived as being either repetitive or unnecessarily long lower than they would score concisely written papers. Authors are strongly encouraged to submit supplementary materials (videos, codes, data, more figures, and etc.) of their work as part of their submissions.
All valid submissions will receive at least three reviews by experts in the field and to will undergo a two-step review process ensure quality of accepted submissions. All valid submissions.
Reviewing is double-blind, so submissions (including any videos, etc.) MUST be suitably anonymized. Please be SURE to remove all personal data (such as authors, affiliations, etc.) from your submission. Relevant previous work by the authors should be cited in the third person to preserve anonymity. Reviewers are asked to keep confidential all materials sent to them for evaluation.
All accepted ICVRV papers will appear in the Proceedings of ICVRV 2021 and will be submitted for inclusion to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (EI) databases. Some selected papers will be recommended to publish at the SCI-indexed Journals.
All accepted submissions MUST be registered and presented orally at ICVRV 2021.
From all accepted and presented papers, an International jury will select the best papers. The best paper will receive the Best Paper Award, including a cash prize, presented at ICVRV 2021.
Please revise your paper carefully and submit a revised version, along with a revision note (list of changes), via Online Submission System. The *strict* deadline for submitting your revision is August 31, 2021 (23:59 UTC/GMT).